Like a great many other things, Mom was so right about broccoli. Broccoli Seed Oil is making an appearance in high-end hair care, skin care, and makeup formulations for its multi-dimensional capabilities. Even if you never outgrew your hatred of cruciferous greens, there are plenty reasons to try Broccoli Seed Oil for your skin.
- Silicone-Feel Without the Silicone - Even the most ardent silicone haters get nostalgic for the elegant slip it offers skincare. Composed of nearly 50% Eurucic Acid, an Omega 9 Fatty Acid, Broccoli Seed Oil is an ideal alternative for silicones. It’s light, non-greasy, and absorbs rapidly. It even works wonders for your hair!
- Natural Retinol Alternative - Kudos to Mother Nature, this magical seed oil contains high levels of beta-carotene, a retinol precursor. It improves radiance by speeding cellular turnover, just like other retinoids but far more gently. A super alternative for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Battalion of Antioxidants - Broccoli Seed Oil is a powerful free radical fighter containing both vitamins C and E, as well as beta-carotene. Pollution, sun, sugar, stress, and too little sleep all take a toll on the skin - sagging, fine lines, discoloration, inflammation and breakouts. The fight is real.
- Inflammation Tamer - Most antioxidants help to calm and sooth troubled skin. Broccoli Seed contains high levels of Arachidonic Acid, an Omega-6 that strengthens the skin’s barrier function and diminishes inflammation. Rich in minerals selenium and zinc, both help to soothe and calm the skin. Curbing any inflammation is key in averting any skin repercussions - rosacea, psoriasis, or eczema.
- Strengthens Skin – It’s like strength training for your skin, thanks to the plentiful Omega Fatty Acids 3, 6 and 9 found in Broccoli Seed Oil. They help to protect, strengthen and repair your skin. Healthy skin starts with a healthy lipid barrier for protection. When compromised, it can result in moisture loss, irritation and inflammation, or worse.
With a comedogenic rating of 1, or very little chance clogging a pore, it’s worth a try for the most oil-phobic. I may unable to convince you to eat your greens, but hope that you will consider using Broccoli Seed Oil in your skincare, available in our firming potion and resQoil.
Cheers to Better Skin!